“Tales from the Trenches: Securing funding to Expand and Grow”
The journey from promising idea to company formation to eventual exit is fraught with challenges and uncertainty; success depends upon many factors and a lot of luck. As experienced entrepreneurs and investors will say, there is no one-size-fits-all plan to achieving a 10x multiple. In this program, our panel will feature successful entrepreneurs, investment bankers, attorneys and tax advisors. They’ll share stories about how they are building their companies for a significant expansion.
Please join us for a lively discussion focusing on questions such as:
• How did your business plan change since inception?
• How did you build your business plan to get investors?
• What legal considerations are critical for business owners to consider?
• Looking back at the life cycle of your company, what should you have done differently?
• In your view, is securing venture or angel funding necessary to scale and grow a business?
• What value did your investors, advisors and board contribute to your success?
Speros Margetis, Professor of Finance and Business Consultant, University of Tampa
Brian M. Smith, Managing Partner, LCG Advisors
Kevin Shuler, Partner, Foley & Lardner
Kevin Hourigan, President & CEO, Bayshore Solutions
Andy Hafer, Founder, Dynamic Communities