Free and Open to the Public
Please see the online schedule for times and locations in the USFSP Student Center and Kate Tiedemann College of Business. Today’s panels include:
– Trade wars: have we reached a truce?
– St Petersburg: international dining destination
– China: let’s rule the world together.
– AIDs in the world: waiting for a cure.
– How do countries less wealthy than ours provide a social safety net?
– Violence against women
– Saudi Arabia: is the Kingdom in our corner?
– Do like the Canadians; Legalize pot.
– Let’s talk Canadian exceptionalism.
– Civil disobedience: it worked for Gandhi and King, so how about today?
– Public Art: what purpose does it serve?
– Women in Global Business Networking Women in Global Business Presentation
The 2019 St. Petersburg Conference on World Affairs is a 3-1/2 Day event with over 30 Panel Discussions held at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. Speakers and panelists include distinguished diplomats, military, media, and academic experts discussing critical international issues of the day at each annual conference. The Conference is a cooperative venture of a group of civic-minded St. Petersburg residents and the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.