As we begin a new year, many of us have resolved to do more to help our friends and neighbors right here in our community. The good news is there are plenty of ways to give back, even if you don’t have much time to commit.
The Catalyst’s Impact Connector is a resource to help you find volunteer opportunities that align with your interests and your schedule. Here are five ways you can get involved right now.
- Become an online volunteer listener through 7 Cups. 7 Cups, an on-demand emotional health service and online therapy provider, anonymously and securely connects real people to real listeners 24/7. Volunteers are provided with online training and support and can set their own schedule. For more information, click here.
- Make a house a home with Home Makers of Hope. This faith-based ministry provides essential furnishing and household items to families struggling with poverty. Volunteers are needed in a variety of roles including scheduling pickups of donated items, working as a family liaison to help determine furnishing needs, assisting in the warehouse, loading, unloading and staging homes for families in the program or participating as a driver and furniture mover. To learn more about these opportunities, click here.
- Empower women for success through Dress for Success Tampa Bay. If you’re cleaning out your closet or going shopping this weekend, Dress for Success needs business apparel such as black dress pants and dress shoes in all sizes as well as undergarments and purses. Items in new, gently used and clean condition can be dropped off Thursdays only at the Dress for Success main location at 1705 Howard Ave. in Tampa.
- Collect or deliver durable medical equipment with Saving Our Seniors: This nonprofit helps Tampa Bay-area seniors with limited incomes by providing them with necessary medical equipment such as canes, walkers and shower chairs. In addition to donating and delivering items, Saving Our Seniors has other volunteer opportunities including warehouse staffing, marketing and phone support.
- Donate your time and talent to causes you care about through MovementConnect. This online platform helps connect nonprofits with the expertise they need when they need it. To sign up, complete an online application and share the types of organizations you want to help, the skills you are interested in offering and the time you have available to volunteer. You’ll be invited to participate in HelpConnect events where you can be matched with nonprofits in need.
If your organization is looking for volunteers, click here to submit your opportunity. We’ll be sure to share it with our readers.