Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg
The Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg is a private foundation formed in 2013 following the sale of the nonprofit Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. It is the steward of $170 million in assets to support racial equity and health equity in Pinellas County. The Foundation inspires and empowers people, ideas, information exchange, organizations and relationships to end differences in health due to institutional racism. Throughout the year, the Foundation hosts a number of public and curated events and webinars, including lectures, classes, trainings, workshops, facilitations, and town hall meetings at its Center for Health Equity.
MISSION: We achieve hthrough racial equity by listening humbly, learning fearlessly, and leading courageously to impact systems change.
VISION: Every person equitably achieves optimal health and well-being.
– Transparency: The Foundation will operate in full disclosure of our plans, actions, transactions, our investments, relationships, and our partnerships throughout the community.
– Equity: We believe that all residents deserve to lead full, happy and healthy lives regardless of race, ethnicity, income, geography, or gender identification.
– Collaboration: We embrace the value of bringing people together to cultivate trust. When collaboration and coordination are strong, we achieve more together.
– Listen & Learn: We respect the deep wisdom of our community about their own health needs. We listen and share what we learn, striving for continuous improvement.
– Evidence Informed: Research and ongoing assessments help ensure our actions are based on data-driven needs and evidence-based outcomes.
– Inclusive: We embrace all members of our community, particularly those who are not often included.
– Engaged: We engage the corporate, public, private and nonprofit sectors to improve community health.
– Lead: We lead with data, policies, health messages and funding. We work to leverage additional private and philanthropic resources to benefit the community.
– Compel Action: As an unbiased and unfettered community resource, the Foundation will take bold action to promote equity and optimize health.
2333 34th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711