TAMPA, FL – The Plus Projec+, a fund within the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, is pleased to announce that they awarded their first-ever grants last week — totaling $54,900 — to Community Tampa Bay, Metro Inclusive Health, Equality Florida Institute, Youth Improvement Services, AIDS Service Association of Pinellas and League of Women Voters of Florida. The awards were presented via a Facebook Live event on Tuesday, July 21st and that video can be viewed here: https://cftampabay.org/news/the-plus-projec-announces-grants-to-lgbtq-community/.
The grant details are as follows:
- $10,0000 to Community Tampa Bay to support ANYTOWN, a youth program for high school youth to build a culturally diverse and inclusive community.
- $7,500 to Metro Inclusive Health for LGBTQ youth programming.
- $8,000 to the Equality Florida Institute for the Safe and Healthy Schools program.
- $10,000 to Youth Improvement Services for the LGBTQ+ Youth Emergency Assistance Project.
- $9,400 to the AIDS Service Association of Pinellas for the EPIC Generations Friendly Caller program, to decrease isolation and increase connection for LGBTQ elders.
- $10,000 to the League of Women Voters of Florida for the Equality Voters program.
The Plus Projec+ is a foundation-based funding resource created by and for the LGBTQ+ community in Tampa Bay. The vision is to be an innovative and inclusive funding source for organizations serving the Tampa Bay LGBTQ+ community, and to provide an enduring means for increasing awareness and enhancing effectiveness for those organizations.
Contributions to The Plus Projec+ help meet immediate needs in the LGBTQ+ population, and support an endowment to ensure a permanent, reliable revenue stream to address emerging needs in the sector.
About the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay
Founded in 1990, the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay connects donors, nonprofits, community and business leaders, professional advisors, volunteers, and residents to make the maximum positive impact in the Tampa Bay region. For 30 years, the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay has been dedicated to making giving easy and meaningful for donors as a way to strengthen nonprofit organizations and build a better, more vibrant community. Learn more at CFTampaBay.org.