The Plus Projec+ awards nearly $60,000 in grants to the LBGTQ+ community
July 30, 2020 - The Plus Projec+, a fund within the Community Foundation of Tampa Bay, awarded its first-ever grants July 21 - totaling $54,900 - to six organizations that support the LGBTQ+ community.
- $10,0000 to Community Tampa Bay to support ANYTOWN, a program for high schoolers.
- $7,500 to Metro Inclusive Health for LGBTQ youth programming.
- $8,000 to the Equality Florida Institute for the Safe and Healthy Schools program.
- $10,000 to Youth Improvement Services for the LGBTQ+ Youth Emergency Assistance Project.
- $9,400 to the AIDS Service Association of Pinellas for the EPIC Generations Friendly Caller program, to decrease isolation and increase connection for LGBTQ elders.
- $10,000 to the League of Women Voters of Florida for the Equality Voters program.