The St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce introduced the classy Class of ’21 Nov. 4 at the Good ‘Burger Awards ceremony. Approximately 500 people came to Jannus Landing to celebrate St. Pete-based businesses and individuals who contribute to the unique fabric of the city.
It was the ninth annual Good ‘Burger party. The awards are vote on by the public.
“This one was by far the best,” Chamber president Chris Steinocher said. “It was the reason we thought about it to begin with – ‘can we really appreciate those around us?’ – and now more than ever we need that. So this really hit the mark.”
Last year’s winners, who had to accept their awards virtually, were invited to present the 2021 prizes in person.
“What a party,” Steinocher reflected. “I don’t know if I needed it more or St. Pete needed it more, but it was a hug-fest. It was really good to get so many people back together to just celebrate each other, to be happy … to feel each other’s heartbeat.”
The 2021 Good ‘Burger Awards winners:
- Arts & Culture Imagine Museum
- Eats & Treats Harveys 4th Street Grill
- Community Conscious: Grassroots Pet Pal Animal Shelter
- Community Conscious: Large St. Pete Free Clinic
- Makers & Creators Great Explorations Children’s Museum
- Pelican Personality City of St. Petersburg
- Trailblazers & Change Agents Southside Fresh Market
- Cool Companies: Small St Pete-Clearwater Intl Airport
- Cool Companies: Large Eckerd College
- New Biz on the Block Grand Central Brewhouse
- MVB Stan Arthur, I Love St. Pete