Follow @queerexpressionstpete on instagram for community updates! https://www.instagram.com/queerexpressionstpete/
$15 RECOMMENDED DONATION, MUST RSVP ON EVENTBRITE!
15 spots available. Nobody turned away at the door for lack of funds.
Creative movement is a practice for all ages in which we honor the ways our bodies ache to move.
Queer Expression is creative movement in a Queer + Trans space with no steps to follow, only multi-genre music to intuitively flow to.
It is free room: a space for you to whoop and holler, lay down on the floor, stretch, cry, laugh, stand on your head, or dance your heart out!
Our creative movement practice is more of a "play space" for all ages. We provide plenty of crafts and books for those who do not feel called to dance, instruments for noisemaking, ribbons for twirling, a giant beach ball, balloons, and even a jumbo rainbow parachute to run under! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to intuitively participate.
12:45PM Doors open.
12:50PM Opening circle.
1PM Queer Expression
3PM Closing circle
3:30PM Doors close.
Please try to arrive before 12:50PM! Opening and closing the dance together honors community and allows us to truly connect with each other.
All you need to do is show up!
...but you are encouraged to bring
• a journal + a pen
• a sketchbook / craft projects
• a blanket/pillow to sit on
• juggling or flow props
• a comfort object (a stuffed animal, security blanket, sweater, etc.)
• ear plugs/headphones in case of overstimulation (if needed)
• lots of water
We recommend you wear comfortable clothing that helps you cool off (shorts, a sports bra, loose fitting t-shirt, flowy pants, or whatever you feel comfortable sweating in)!
There is street parking available.
Your ticket will be refunded within 24 hours of requesting a refund as long as the refund request is at least 48 hours prior to the event.
1. Opening and closing the dance together honors community and allows us to truly connect with each other.
2. You are encouraged to make lots of noise, but please only engage in minimal conversation on the dance floor.
3. This is an intuitive practice—you are in no way pressured to dance. Feel free to sit still, stretch, craft, or check out one of our QT vendors.
4. NO photography/videography on the dance floor. You may take pictures before and after the dance!
5. Partner work is encouraged, but consent is mandatory. When dancing with others, listen for a yes (holding eye contact), and respect any no (like being ignored). Respect each dancer’s right to their own space.
6. Masks will be required to make it accessible for disabled community members. We will have masks and hand sanitizer at the door.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to DM us on Instagram at @queerexpressionstpete <3
Click on the calendar you prefer to save this event to: