Fourteen local founders of companies in the creative and technology sectors have just graduated from the CO.STARTERS program at Tampa Bay Innovation Center.
The program provides entrepreneurs the tools they need to survive in their industry, create jobs and add to the economic activity in Pinellas County.
CO.STARTERS is a Chattanooga, Tennessee-based business development program with a network of communities all over the country. The curriculum is designed to incorporate a diverse mix of businesses. The program applies the lean business modeling methods popular among high-growth startups to businesses of all kinds.
“Founders participating in this cohort show us that there is no shortage of talent and creativity. It is amazing to work with entrepreneurs from a diversity of industries. We are pleased to be part of their journey and watch each company as they continue to grow,” said Chris Paradies, Tampa Bay Innovation Center chairman and CO.STARTERS facilitator.
The 14 local graduates who just completed the program are:
- Lourdes Rosas-Rasdall
- Patrick A. Jackson, Live Five Productions
- Maria Aller, Wood Over Water, LLC
- Patricia Kluwe Derderian, Patikd LLC
- Amanda “Mandy” Roberts, BrazenBella
- Culver Casson, Culvernote Voice Studio
- Cindy Devine, Devine Designs Jewelry
- Rick Hurst, Rick Hurst Art
- Glenyse Thompson, Glenyse Thompson Contemporary Art
- Rakaile Washington, Roots of Gold LLC
- Aleisha Prather, Aleisha Prather Art
- Colleen Cherry, Other People’s Pets Songs
- Gina “Aussie” Milinovich, Aussie’s ART Yard and Artistic Healing Center
- Nancy Mizzell
Duke Energy provided a grant to the Tampa Bay Innovation Center in 2016 for the CO.STARTERS program. Creative Pinellas partnered with Tampa Bay Innovation Center on the program.
The Tampa Bay Innovation Center, a business incubator, accelerator and coworking center in downtown St. Petersburg, has now completed 10 cohorts of CO.STARTERS, with a total of 125 graduates. Applications for the next cohort will open in February 2021. To find out more, click here.
CO.STARTERS also compiled a holiday gift guide showcasing work by graduates of the program. That guide can be viewed here.