Harris Ambush, a community liaison at University of South Florida St. Petersburg College of Education, was named the “Most Valuable ’Burger” at the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce Good ’Burger awards ceremony Thursday night.
Ambush was one of 11 individuals and companies honored at the annual program, designed to recognize those in greater St. Pete making a positive impact in the community.
More than 10,800 people voted for nominees, and there were 700 registered attendees at the ceremony at the 727 Event Venue, formerly the Mirror Lake Lyceum. There were more than 60 sponsors, including presenting sponsors The Bank of Tampa and Compass Land& Title.
In addition to Ambush being name “MVP,” USF St. Pete was named “Coolest Large Company.”
Here are the other category winners.
• Arts & Culture: Florida Holocaust Museum
• Eats & Treats: Noble Crust
• Hotspots & Hangouts: MacDinton’s Irish Pub
• Makers & Creators: Florida CraftArt
• Community Conscious (Grassroots): Metro LGBTQ Welcome Center
We are so grateful to be awarded the 2019 St Petersburg Chamber “Good Burger” Award – Community Conscious Grassroots category. We are honored to be included in a category with so many amazing organizations.
— Metro LGBTQ Welcome Center (@LGBTQWelcomeCtr) August 29, 2019
• Community Conscious (Large): Ronald McDonald House Charities Tampa Bay
• Cool Companies (Small): The Body Electric Yoga Co.
• New Biz on the Block: Dr. BBQ
Best New Biz on the Block? WE’LL TAKE IT! pic.twitter.com/RdPgJL8kgv
— Dr. BBQ Restaurant (@DrBBQs) August 30, 2019
The People’s Choice award went to Chris Davenport, a cofounder and partner at Catering St. Pete.