Mayor Rick Kriseman took to Facebook Friday afternoon to announce the names of his advisors to assist in strategies related to reopening the St. Petersburg economy. The advisor list is comprised of elected officials, business and nonprofit leaders, health professionals, transportation advisors and local cultural leaders.
Among the business and economic development advisors: Chris Steinocher, President and CEO of the St. Petersburg Chamber; J.P. DuBuque, President and CEO of the St. Pete Economic Development Corporation; and Jason Mathis, CEO of the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership. They are joined by are joined by small business leaders such as Olga Bof, Executive Director of Keep St. Pete Local and Dex Fabian, Publisher of the ever-popular I Love The ‘Burg. An unsurprising move, considering Kriseman’s focus on small business in the administration of the Fighting Chance Fund. Deputy Mayor and City Administrator Kanika Tomalin, the mind behind the Fighting Chance Fund, is also on the list of advisors.
Unlike the statewide task force for reopening Florida, which is conducting its business through public conference calls, Kriseman said he will be meeting with advisors on a one-on-one basis and will also receive input from St. Petersburg City Council during its Council of the Whole meeting April 30.
“Friends, I am as eager as anyone to get St. Pete back to normal,” Kriseman wrote, “but we must do so in a deliberate and thoughtful manner and with respect to national, state, and county decisions.”
“Given the unprecedented nature of this public health crisis,” he continued, “it is imperative that a cross-section of our community be engaged, including and especially those with medical expertise. I am confident we will soon emerge from this challenging time as a stronger and more resilient city.”
The full list of Restart St. Pete Advisors includes:
- Dr. David Berman, Board certified pediatric infectious disease specialist, Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Olga Bof, Executive Director, Keep Saint Petersburg Local
- Amber Boulding, City of St. Petersburg Emergency Management Manager
- John Collins, Executive Director, St. Petersburg Arts Alliance
- Duggan Cooley, CEO, Pinellas Community Foundation
- J.P. DuBuque, President and CEO, Greater St. Petersburg Area EDC
- Dexter Fabian, Publisher, I Love the Burg St. Pete
- Rene Flowers, Pinellas County School Board Member
- Rev. Watson Haynes, President and CEO, Pinellas County Urban League
- Dr. Mona Mangat, Member/Past Board Chair Doctors for America, Board-certified allergist & immunologist, Bay Area Allergy and Asthma
- Jason Mathis, CEO, St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership
- Brad Miller, CEO, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Scott Smith, President, St. Anthony’s Hospital
- Chris Steinocher, President and CEO, St Petersburg Chamber
- Dr. Kanika Tomalin, City Administrator and Deputy Mayor
- Michael Vivio, CEO-Owner, Corp Fitness Works
- Dr. Israel Wojnowich, City of St. Petersburg Physician, Board certified Family Medicine, Bayfront Health Medical Group