We’re a decade into St. Pete’s renaissance. So what lies on the other side of St. Pete’s potential? In our series, St. Pete 2.0, we’re exploring elevating St. Pete to the ‘next level’. We’re asking business and civic leaders for their vision of what it means to realize our potential as a city. We’re exploring what we have to do to get there.
In this installment of St. Pete 2.0, former City Councilmember Karl Nurse stops by the Catalyst studio to share his insight on housing in our city. With over 9 years of service on the Council, Nurse has had a front row seat for our civic evolution. In this discussion we cover a wide range of housing topics including:
- Why increased density makes sense for high traffic roads
- Who we are building for, demographically
- How transit impacts housing
- The true cost of home and car ownership
- Walking the line between building and preserving
- Solar energy and looking forward
Click the arrow to listen.