Tampa Bay Tech has announced the finalists for this year’s technology awards show.
The nonprofit technology council named the 15 finalists in six different award categories, spotlighting local tech emerging leaders and companies.
The 19th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards show will return to Armature Works Nov. 18, from 6-11 p.m.
Meet the finalists:
Emerging Tech Company of the Year:
- Ballast Services: A Tampa-based cybersecurity company.
- BlackStraw: A Tampa-based provider of artificial intelligence solutions, including digital document processing.
- Smart Edge Technologies: The firm has a Tampa office and tracks people, products and purchases over time.
- Spontivly: The St. Petersburg-based startup developed a community management platform and is described as the “Google Analytics for the community.”
Emerging Tech Leader of the Year
- Eddie Austin, Senior Marketing Manager at Jabil
- Marissa Huggins, COO and co-founder at Spontivly
- David Labadie, Director of Digital Workplace Technology at Raymond James
- Shama Rathi, COO and co-founder at LunaJoy Health
- Abbas Rehmani, Product Manager at Masonite
Tech Project of the Year (company)
- Edgility Inc.: A Tampa-based company that specializes in its outcomes-centric AI platform for workflow management in the health care sector.
- Geographic Solutions Inc.: The Palm Harbor-based company builds integrated workforce development systems, helping employers connect with potential employees and having market insights.
- Greenway Health: The Tampa-based company develops management software to streamline workflows, helping providers improve patient outcomes and practice health.
- OPSWAT: Tampa-based OPSWAT is a leading provider of critical infrastructure protection (CIP) cybersecurity solutions. The firm was the winner of Tampa Bay Tech’s Tech Company of the Year award last year.
Tech Leader of the Year
- Jason Carney, CIO at Certified Collectibles Group
- Kali Durgampudi, CTO at Zelis
- Andrei Girenkov, CTO at Greystar
Technology Company of the Year (company)
- 3D Cloud by Marxent: The St. Pete-based 3D virtual reality firm Marxent specializes in augmented reality projects for omnichannel retailers — including Lowe’s, Ashley HomeStores and Macy’s.
- A-LIGN: A Tampa-based cybersecurity compliance company. Scott Price, CEO of A-LIGN, was the winner of the 2021 Tampa Bay Tech Community Dedication and Leadership Award.
- Chargebacks911: The Clearwater-based company is fully dedicated to helping merchants combat post-transactional fraud.
- MAS Global Consulting: The Tampa-based company offers custom software solutions for startups to Fortune 100 companies.